Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So they called an ambulance for me.

The tale of a power lunch gone wrong.

I took my lunch hour at 1pm today. I had to get a bite to eat and mail a few wedding invites.

I drove thru McDs and munched on my way to the post office. I decided to park in the shade and eat my lunch. I was listening to the radio and drifted calmly off to sleep. (Car was safely in park.)

I probably slept for 20 minutes and would have slept for longer had not sirens woke me up! There was an ambulance and a firetruck blazing towards my location.

I looked around for smoke but didn't see any. Then both vehicles stopped right in front and beside me. I sat up and took a nerve steadying drink of Diet Coke and rolled down the windows. The fireman spoke first.

"Just taking a nap?"

"I guess I am."

"You live around here?"

"Yes, and I work over at the Church."

"Ok."

"Sorry to get you guys out."

"Don't worry about it." He turns to the truck. "HE WAS JUST TAKING A NAP!"

Then the firemen laugh at me.



I don't want to blame this all on wedding tiredness, I think I may also be sick. But, I won't park in front of that old guys house again if I need to take a nap.

47222

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

I seriously don't know anyone else that this could happen to.

BTW-you got tux instructions for me?

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Lynn Leaming said...

Guess you have to be thankful someone cared :) But what a way to be wakened from a nap! Thanks for our invite! We feel honored and look forward to your special day!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger James said...

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

there will be no sleeping, resting, passing out, slipping into a coma, fantasizing, meditating, eating hamburgers, alarming your mother, etc. until April for you. Now that's settled.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Utterly hilarious. That's one for the record books. You could maybe get on the local news if you wanted to - at least CW 33.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Facebook Copy/Paste Reactions:

Lisa Tucker Kelly at 3:07pm February 24
I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

James Bocks at 3:31pm February 24
BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nichole Knox at 4:00pm February 24
That was so funny, thank you for sharing it with us and giving me a great laugh!!

Ricky Broussard at 4:58pm February 24
If that is what happens after a trip to McDonald's, whats gonna happen to him after a trip to the alter?

Brandye Byrd Kiker at 8:02pm February 24
Oh, man! That is hilarious!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters