Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Workaholic or Playboy?


I picked up this little tract at Ryan's church. Until VBS is over I'm feeling a workaholic. But I will try and squeeze in a little Playboy in before its over.

Here are the bold text titles of the little sections of the tract:
* It's a Playboy world
* Day's work for day's pay
* Why work?
* The need for balance.
* Final thought
* Prayer

The chapter I'm currently interested in is "The need for Balance" unfortunately my balance doesn't allow flying to New York (as badly as I want to) but can include a Musical besides Elijah.

I love my interns enthusiasm, but I can't add 12 new events to an already crowded summer. Last summer we did at least one or two events a week on top of our normally busy church schedule.

What suffered?
  • My health - At the end of the summer I crashed hard
  • Their attendance - Gas prices and over scheduling led to people thinking, 'I can skip this one or that one.'
  • My Social Life - Dead.
  • Their Parents Patience - Eye rolling abounds
  • The End of Summer Video - Although crowded with events we were too busy to document each event very well as one was ending the next was already running late.

THIS SUMMER: "Less is More."

We've consolidated some events. Instead of shotgun blasts of events I want each event to have a purpose and each event to have an impact. Now I just need some way to break my interns spirit.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

Glad to know that someone else' church has a tract rack that is still alive and kicking.

Who are your interns?

My "big fish" in Jonah is currently 9 feet wide and 23 feet long with a tail large enough for a 6ft 5 in man to stand inside and wave around. My set people got a little carried away, but it is quite awesome.

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

JG

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Boooo! Fly to New York with me!!!

Okay, I'll settle for us finding a musical night. :)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Lynn Leaming said...

Sounds like some good wisdom here! Hopefully you just explain the resons for your decision and they will appreciate your senior wisdom :) Have a great summer!
Tell me when your Elijah dates are so I can come and watch (and what night would be best)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters