Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Long time no post: Random stuff sitting on my desk and the thoughts they provoke.

Did you know if you remove a post it by peeling it side to side (instead of bottom to top) it will lie flat and not curl up and away?

I wonder who invented the highlighter. I always liked used textbooks with highlighting in them. Somebody else had already drawn my attention to the important stuff.

There must be a million crafts that start off with, "Ok, round up a few dozen toilet paper rolls."

Will we ever have one translation of the Bible we all like? Hmm... no.

I don't like my phone extension 4863. Its not prime, it doesn't repeat anything. Sad.

I haven't fed my Webkinz online pet in months, I think he's dead but I'm afraid to check. At this point he's like Schrödinger's Cat... Trey's Lion will one day be the digital equivalent.

Thumb tacks are cool.

How long has that sticker been there?

Why isn't that guy still making The Far Side cartoons.

What's in that wicker thing on my desk? Should I open it? I'm better off not knowing.

The Book "Seven Principles of Effective Ministry" is the only book of its kind that has ever helped me. Define the win!

What pictures are on that disposable camera? How long has it sat there? Should I just throw it away.

MOM! READ THIS! - Somebody donated and I scooped up a great Frankoma Bowl! How about that!?

Pez needs a more convenient way to load in candy.

I don't even have a computer that will read 3.5 floppy disks anymore.

Is it time to take down Christmas cards?

Magnetix are cool toys but the little magnets come out to easy... swallowing hazard.

What is ink so expensive?

Whenever I see a move where a guy gets fired I'm always surprised that all of his personal belonging can fit into ONE copy paper box.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger karen b said...

about books that have already been highlighted: "That's the problem. The last guy who under-lined them, he could have been a maniac! Hey, get these guys some new books. Huh? Get some new books, will ya?"

name that movie...

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

ok... so I was having a good chuckle till I got to the cardboard box thing. I was told by my old boss (think Bill Lumbergh in a military uniform) to take down my "personal junk" off my desk. He didn't want to see my pictures, but my military awards were ok. Well, needless to say I got really ticked and threw everything from my cubicle into a copy machine paper box. At the end of the day, I huffed out like I quit. It can be done... but you are lucky if you can get to your car without the bottom of your box falling out...

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

Dad will be happy about the Frankoma bowl. I still had up a little bucket of Easter eggs on my desk, they are now gone.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

what???!!!! No picture of me on your desk????

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

Your extension has to do totally with the number 2.

2 squared is "4" times 2 is "8" minus 2 is "6" divided by 2 is "3".

See it is a very cool number.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy on TV who can fit all his personal belongings in one box doesn't have an entire children's group giving him stuff that he then has to have on his desk or someone's feelings get hurt.

SO ... you have so much personal stuff because so many people love you. That guy on TV has no life!!!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Emily said...

My office could fit into one cardboard copy box. Actually, it could fit in less than that....I don't have an assigned desk at work, so I have to carry in all my stuff every day in my laptop bag and then back out at night. Being fired would actually be downsizing for me because they would take my laptop back. Haha.

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I do have to add though, when I moved out of my office and into flex-space land, it took me two boxes to get all of my stuff to my home office. And I had only been there about 9 months at that point...some people took a lot more than that.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shoot, we can't even get a Greek Bible that everyone agrees on, I guess that we can't expect to get a translation . . . . I think Pez needs to make clips and load like a gun.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer's dad was working on the phone number when he read Jennifer comment. He was looking at 4 times 2 is 8 and 3 times 2 is 6 and 4 over 8 is one half and 3 over 6 is one half and one half plus one half is one whole and you're a WHOLE PERSON trey. So you do have a cool extention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters