Monday, February 19, 2007

Once Upon a time....

There where three Princesses and a little Prince. The oldest, Madeline loved to sing and dance. The Middle Princess, Matilda, loved to explore. The youngest Princess Marchesca, was the sweetest of the three (which is really saying something.) And the young Prince loved to climb and say, "No." King Gregory had forgotten to buy a present for his Queen, Anastasia... again. And if you forget to buy something on this most romantic of holidays you'll be in big trouble, even if you are the king. So he asked the 3 Princesses and the little Prince to get something for her on this heart filled romantic holiday.

Do you know what Romantic Holiday I'm talking about? The one in February?

"Uhm... I know it... It's uhm.... oh I know! BLACK HISTORY MONTH!"

Ok that really happened. I usually tell McKenzie and Mary Cate bedtime stories about their family in a fantasy world. (I'm the Wizard Yert.) And I always let them suggest things that will happen. But when I asked them about the romantic holiday (just two days after Valentine's day) all I got back was Black History Month. We were all in one bed and I had to laugh silently but Mary Cate with her head on my shoulder asked why my belly was jumping.

I think we've forgotten the romantic impact Black History Month can have on a child.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You even have an official Wizard Name? You have GOT to buy 'The Hat' at Scarbie this year. If you have an official wizard name, you must own an official wizard hat.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

haha...that is so funny and too cute that you tell them stories like that! Such a good uncle!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

that is a very cute story, but what is EVEN cuter is the thought of you telling bed-time stories to those sweet girls!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters