Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Years Revolutions 2007

Resolutions are only good if you keep track if they succeeded or failed.

Check out last years Revolutions Here! Clearly it was a mixed bag year:
1. FAILURE - I never rode my bike.
2. FAILURE - I never lifted those weights
3. FAILURE - 2006's diet was a failure. I ate my weight in candy... monthy!
4. SUCCESS - I did shave off my beard.
5. SUCCESS - I got my braces off.
6. MIXED - Some people called my the Duke but not everybody.
7. FAILURE - I continue to buy new books and not read those I haven't read but intend to when I bought them.
8. MIXED - I do live in a house with things on the walls but there is no standard of cleanliness.
9. HA! Forget about it for 2007 while your at it.
10. SUCCESS - I have lived up to the hype and I guess that's all that really matters.

So the 2006 score is 5 failures, 3 success, 2 mixed response.

Now onto new stuff, 2007 Revolutions (it's a revolution because they always come back around):
1. Work out 4 hours a week. Currently Jeff and I average about 4-5, the summer will be the challenge.
2. Organize/Clean my House, I'll add mow the lawn to this item.
3. Run a half marathon.
4. Make significant progress on the Tricenarian List.
5. Rekindle my need for an Awesome Knickname! I'll take the Duke but Nomad would be pretty cool as well.
6. Stop buying new books until I've read the 200 new books I've bought and not gotten around to reading.
7. Visit a doctor when I'm not sick. I've never done this. I'm afraid of doing this. I'm challenging one of my greatest fears here.
8. Fill in Resolution #8
9. Visit Ty, Gina, Killer, and TANK in the NW. (Also figure out who Killer and Tank are.)
10. After living up to the hype in 2006, I plan to RAISE THE BAR in 2007!

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, so the hype is BIG, but, if the past is an indicator, the hype needs to live up to you. Afterall, if the hype ever gets too big, all you have to do is dance and you're back on top.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! You're killing me with the "I never rode my bike" line. C'mon and go for it. It's lots of fun and the easiest form of exercise there is. (And it would count towards your 2007 #1)

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Go ahead and buy more books. The law of proportionate relationships says yours odds of reading one increases with the number of opportunities. That's my approach at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters