Thursday, January 18, 2007

CEC - Conference and Logo Design

Here is last years CEC Blog Posts - I'm starting to feel an intense sense of Blog Ja Vu.
Last year I got voted onto the board. The only real responsibility that they would entrust to the child in their midst was designing a new CEA Logo.

Here is the "original" Logo, I dubbed it the "Chlorine Atom" at our last meeting and I believe it is my criticism of it that got me my job. This was supposed to be a temporary logo place holder that has been temporarily used consistently for 20 years.

Here is my New Logo finished product:

The Conference was good this year but suffered from the Biggest Hypothetical Ice Storm of the Century. Never has the fear of Ice caused so much havoc for a conference. Hopefully people will order CDs if they couldn't make it because the speakers were good. My head is full of stuff to think about, and I've got to do it again next week for CPC in Orlando (no ice there).
I feel more resolved than ever to focus on parental involvement! They have to power and I won't allow them to believe that Cece and I can handle the spiritual development of their children on our own. (Even though we are pretty sweet.)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i enjoyed the conference and got some good ideas about story telling that will help me in Bible Hour. I liked the logo too. I know a good lawfirm that can get you a trademark registration if you need it. =)

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, 'son'! I really do like the logo! And I am glad the Hypothetical Ice Storm wasn't as bad as predicted; HeyMan was able to come home safely to me. I would hate to have to break in a new hubby!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should get (very) partial credit for the red dots.

Glad to have gotten to spend time with you. The camp meeting went really well and I'm actually very excited about it...even if you are bailin'.

Have fun in Orlando.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I see that the pentagram suggestion didn't get to you in time.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Lynn Leaming said...

Trey,
I think you did a great job on the logo! You are a great addition to the board for you bring in a fresh, young perspective. It is pretty obvious the rest of us are a little older. I hope that you have a great time at CPC!! I so wish I could join ya'll, but tried the fixator on a plane to my niece's wedding this last weekend, and I doubt I will be trying it again anytime soon. Let me know if you hear something worth getting the tapes.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ride the teacups in Orlando? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters