Monday, June 19, 2006

VBS Night One Down! Three to Go!

What a fantastic opening night!

(Last year I entitled the VBS Night One post "No casualties.")

Way to go Cast and Crew! Way to kick off this years VBS!

Night one is long and fast paced and I'm glad it went of so smoothly. One hiccup went unnoticed by the kids but we re-shot it for the DVD. We had the luxury of touching stuff up for the DVD because of our excellent Video Crew (who are driving to and from Fort Worth each night!) Lone Star Film and Video! Use them for your next Wedding, VBS, Graduation or Barmitzfah.


Popular may have got a huge crowd reaction! WTG Tama! The audience loves you as do I.

And Julie's (Jochebed's) song was really moving. My cousin Emily (who arranged the music) said that was the way she had always wanted to see it done. Very touching. Made me wanna cry but I've bottled up my emotions.

When the nose came off the statue Evan's face and Mike quintuple-take made me laugh too loud.

Of course the BABY stole the show! Little Chase Anthony made his stage debut before he could crawl. (Which is good because he might have tried to crawl out of the basket.) People say in show business don't work with Animals or Kids. Jeff said don't work with "Animals, Kids or Youth Ministers."

When the baby became a grown man Luke Burnam finally ended the questions to me about my decision to cast a High Schooler as Moses! He really owned his song. "Yak! Yak! Yak! Yak!" I've always had faith, wait that's night three. The Baby is gone and Luke is the show Night Two! No pressure...

Today I've put the final touches on the burning bush and am looking forward to a shorter night (and by "I've" I mean Kelly, the Burnam kids and myself"). Tonight has a fun "dancography" number. The logistics of it make me want a large Tums-milkshake. As always, we shall rise to occasion.

Once again a lot of people thanked and congratulated me and I think the cast and crew didn't hear enough of it. So I want to pass on all those props and good vibes on to those who earned them last night!

See you tonight in Midian!

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Emily said...

It was fabulous! And you forgot to give a shout out to the voice on your Miriam. Good night nurse that girl can sing!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a hoot. In rehearsal when the nose would not come off, my heart sank. I should have had more faith. Man, it might stink to be a slave, but it is great to be in this talented cast. My hats off to you, fearless leader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters