Monday, May 22, 2006

Wishes

If I had one wish it would be for everyone to be as passionate as I am about VBS.

If I had two wishs it would be for everyone to be as passionate about VBS as me and for $1,000,000,000!

If I had three wishes it would be for the VBS passion, the cash and for a dog.

If I had four wishes it would be the VBS passion, the dog, the cash and for everyone to stop telling me to cut my hair.

But if you think about it... if I had a billion bucks I could pay people to be passionate and you could just buy the dog. You'd still have to deal with people wanting me to cut my hair and/or regrow my beard.

So if I had five wishes it would be the cash, to be king of town, for a gold plated robot crime fighting dog, for mind control powers over people's opinions of my hair, and.. am I forgetting something... oh yeah... that junk about the VBS.

7 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Joanie said...

"there goes that crazy rich guy who shaved his beard...I'm really excited about being in HIS VBS...but when is he going to get his dog a haircut?"

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a dog for you. Good ol Velcro! Just kidding. VBS is something that brings out the child in all of us. And when it is done well, and the result is a bunch of fired up kids for God what could be better? Well, maybe the billion but I digress. VBS has gotten a bad rap over the years. I'm truly proud of the job this congregation does and the friendships I have made in being part of VBS. Okay, enough dribble. Mr. deTrey, I'm ready for my closeup....

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger James said...

I caught the reference.

Steve Martin rules.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Reference?

I was trying to steal it.

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Steve Martin, I love the line "I need this paddle ball game, and not one more thing....well I need this...". Hey, I've seen the paddle ball game in your office. You don't need anything else.....=)

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is telling you to cut your hair??? Send them to me; I'll deal with them! You are the only guy in the world with better looking hair than my other son. Leave those long beautiful locks alone.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Will your dog have long hair?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters