Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Pyramids!

I think this is my fav of the three. PHARAOH! With the Whip and Crook that represent the military and agricultural parts of Egypt that Pharaoh is in control of. Above is the Eye of Horus, which I think may be mentioned in the Da Vinci Code for it's "Sacred Geometry" of Phi.
A second shot of Pharaoh.
Haty the Princess has a scarab. And the hieroglyphs for the courtyard and the rope of Isis.
I added this one to get a sense of scale. It looks smallish on the building sometimes but it is taller than those cars down there.
Moses features an "Ankh" that crosslike thing with a circle at the top. Symbol of Life. Also he has glyphs of the Nile and the serpent.

They are all made of 10 foot lengths of 2x4 and expertly painted by a great group of volunteers. We had a very productive work day! Thanks again everyone who helped.

11 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

those look awesome!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

wonderful !!! VBS done proud!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am well and truly impressed. This kind of nerdy attention to detail is just Ty's cup of tea. He's probably going to get out his Hieroglyphics Dictionary and check your pyramids for accuracy. (He bought it so he could check the symbols from the hatch countdown clock in Lost. And also because he is the biggest nerd that ever nerded. Unless you are a nice, cute, single girl. In that case he's super-cool.)

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fine. Just fine. Go ahead and show off your big, splashy triangles. That wasn't the ONLY thing going on that day, dude! Just think: you would have naked actors on stage, except that a bunch of people sat around and sewed all day.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So I get all excited: "Pyramids," you say, "Pyramids," say I, "I like pyramids!" So I scroll down and discover, to my shock and dismay, not a single pyramid, but only three lousy triangles!¡ You know what happens when you call "PYRAMID!" and then only produce triangle, don't you? Whan a real pyramid comes along, and you cry "PYRAMID!" no one will come because they will think that it is just a rotten triangle again!¡

Sarcasm aside, I can't seem to get a good enough look at the heiroglyphs to check their renderings, but I'll put some more time in later, just to satisfy my crazy.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Ashley N said...

they look great!

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't know we were going to be naked on stage! I better let my beard grow a lot longer. Or maybe I can hide behind one of them there triangle/pyramidy thingamabobs.

Congratulations on the decorations, dude. And a humble, heartfelt thank you to the sewing princesses.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Hmm... well I guess I can scrap the followup post about the humble costumers.

Also, I'd like to do garden of eden VBS next year, so then we can use the naked costumes so keep them.

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Follow-up post! PHFSHAW! There was no such post planned!!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger James said...

I want to see the set!

The Pyramangles look great!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

looks good! gotta love that VBS:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters