Monday, June 13, 2005

VBS Night One - No casualties

Lisa Kelly just said I watch too many cartoons. Thus:

"Overture, curtain, lights, this is it the night of nights. No more rehearsing and hearsing our parts, we know every part by heart." (From, of course, Bugs Bunny.)

Last night marks the move from Rehearsal to Performance. For most, this means the work is over and the fun begins! Over 6 weeks of hard work culminate in four nights!

Sunday's VBS went terrific! There were a couple of tech glitches that couldn't be helped (like a light tree getting kicked and unplugged). But the kids didn't seem to notice and had a terrific time. I'm so blessed to have soooo many people working on this project that is definitely "Our VBS" not "My VBS."

I try and lay the best of plans but of course things go south and last minute changes must be made. Every time there is an obstacle my friends and crew rally and we adapt and overcome, I'm really lucky.

The songs were well sung. The jokes were funny. Of course Marshall Aldriedge (local celeb) got applause by just appearing on stage!

I honestly feel guilty because so many people thanked me and I don't think enough of the cast and crew got a pat on the back. They are making me look good and my part has become smaller as others have risen to take on challenges.

On the down side I've horribly stressed out the maintenance department, it was my fault we had poor communication, I did not clearly express what I needed.

We made a quick turn around to prep for tomorrow and off we go! I'm hungry and I don't want to waste time spell checking so... goodnight neverland and thanks so much to our cast and crew and Saturn Road family for making this possible.

Feel free to post your comments here about night one!

4 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

YAY!!! Trey, I'm SO glad things went so well. I wish we could come watch it so badly! You and your cast are in my prayers.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Ashley N said...

I'm glad night one went well! Like Lindsey, I really wish I could come see some of ya'lls VBS. Good luck with the next 3 nights!!

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and the crew did great see you tonight, Dad

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

When I write the book about Trey's lifffeeee.... It will include a super Daniel VBS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters