Sunday, March 12, 2006

2 Man Hands

Have you ever known of man hands on a woman. It was popularized by Seinfeld. Well I watching Failure to launch with Sarah Jessica Parker and then about 3/4th thru the thing Suzie leans over and says, "She has man hands." And it hits me like a ton of bricks. From then on it's all I can see. And I don't mean she has "less-feminine" or "masculine" hands. I mean she has had trucker hands grafted to her. They don't look real on her. It looks like she is playing that game where on person slips their arms under another persons and pretends to be their hands. It started to look like the addes man hands digitally for effect. Or like there was a trucker on the floor waving his hands in front of SJP's face.

This all added up to what scientists describe as a "case of the giggles." I could take nothing she said seriously after I became fixated on he monkey mits, those bear claws, those dude digits, those male-menenges, thoise papa pinkies, those, those gross grabbers, those hamhocks, meta-manly metacarpus.

Then after the move I hug Suzie goodbye and Josh and I get caught by our own man-hands and lack of wit. We can't decide to hug or shake hands. We end up doing that hug with a handshake in between followed by a few pats on the back. The official, "Dude-hug." In the end I could only remark that Josh had more feminine hands than SJP.

8 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

I was not going to go see this movie but now it is a must - I am dying to see those hands!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

HA! That's hilarious! I'm glad I saw the movie on Friday. I would be thinking about man hands the whole time! I just thought about her gigantic chin. That chin could pierce someone. Also, the movie just had a bunch of orange actors, too much time in the tanning bed.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Ever seen a guy with gal hands? Tiny little palms and dangly fingers with well groomed nails?

It can be as shocking and unnerving as the scene you describe.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

I've never seens gal hands. Before I was exposed to the term man-hands I only knew of three varieties of hands. Normal, sausage fingered and piano fingers. I was made aware of this by looking at my brothers hands crawl like spider on the piano keys and guitar strings and realize that I would never be able to do that with my Johnsonville brauts.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger James said...

Trey I totally empathize with your situation.

If I put my hand in a Ziploc baggie, it looks like a pack of Ballparks.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

Hands and fingers are funny, I'm looking at mine more, cause I'm training a temp. It's unnerving to see scraggly nails and age spots on my former imaginary petite girly hands. Mum

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

For the record I am NOT a gimp- very funny Ervin!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, it's hard to see her man hands because of her horse face .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters