Sunday, February 26, 2006

Odds and Ends

I haerd taht if the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the crorcet plcae you can sitll raed msot wrods ptrety esaliy. I wnoder if taht is ture?

My friend East-Texas-Casey called last Thursday to inform me she has found my blog. I thought everyone I know had already heard about it but I might have left some people off the list accidentaly.

Me and Liz went to movies in snooty Plano Saturday and had a fabu time. I find it funny that Plano movie theatres serve popcorn, candy, sodas and... what? uh? Wine! Rock on! I think this is the kind of movie theatre Jesus would have attended. He could have turned orange soda into wine just in time for the double feature. Then we went out and had the worlds rudest waiter. Liz paid for dinner so I'm not sure if she stiffed him on tip or not. I didn't ask, she was paying. (How thoroughly modern of her. Go Liz!)

I think the most important lesson of last night is never go to the movie before dinner, I was starving!

This has been a boring blog. It sounds like everyone elses blog now. "This is what I did yesterday." Now you know why I don't blog like this most of the time. Blog!

8 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

WTWJA?

What Theatre Would Jesus Attend. New bracelet?

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Is East-Texas-Casey the same as former Tuesday-Night-At-Buffalo-Wild-Wings-Crew-Casey?

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Who is Liz?

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Yes, those two Casey's are one in the same M.

Mags you might remember Liz, she went to ISCC with us (from Waterview) for a number of years, then I met up with her again while we were both at ACU. He name is Elizabeth R. (I don't like to use people's who names without permission.)

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange wine? Not even Boones Farm would touch that. Now, Root Beer into ..... er, um Sasperilla? You betcha!
And I gotta have me some of them Whoppers. Mrs. Hey Man gets the Thin Mints.
The last film I went to see was Glory Road in un-snooty Mesquite. Since I was living just up the road from El Paso when that all happened (I was very young) it was a great experience to see it on film. What a neat bunch of men they turned out to be. One thumb up. I'm using my other thumb holding my Whoppers.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

oh yeah she is super cute! I loved that girl! :)

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Trey, would some Zen Sarcasm fit in today's blog? Stolen from a message board I frequent.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.

Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.

Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday ... around age 11.

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, he talks like that all the time at home, too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters