Monday, March 06, 2006

And the Oscar goes to...

Trey Laminack for his role in best supporting procrastinator in a comedic role.

(Standing ovation. Trey looks surprised and happy as he rises. He shakes hands on his way down the aisle. Jessica Alba hands him his statuette. He plants one on her like that piano guy did to Hally Barry, only this time Jessica faints.)

"Wow! I mean, I totally did NOT expect this. I mean there are a lot of great nominees this year. Well, first and foremost I'd like to thank Jesus, without whom I couldn't have procrastinated in my house hunt for so long. And of course, my mother, who modeled procrastination for me at an early age. This part just sort of fell into my lap. When I started to prepare for this role I ordered a lot of books on the subject which I intended to read but didn't find the time. Oh! Who else? I know I'm forgetting somebody... All the people at Lion's Gate! I'd like to say that since I was a boy I dreamed of winning on Oscar and being a cowboy, but now that that other movie has ruined one dream I've only got one left. Thanks to the Acadamy and.. of course, the Three 6 Mafia!"

(Cue the music!)

Feel free to post a comment with your own Oscar speech. Keep it short, they are about to cue the music.

4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

A pro-Brokeback fan wrote a comment:
"A closed mind is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you throw on it, the narrower it gets."

My response:
"A joke is like a hammer with a flashlight strapped to it, illuminating what it beats into submission."

I wanted to match him pointless saying for saying.

I've deleted his post because when I viewed his blog I see he likes to write provacative things on others blogs because he wants people to read his. It worked on me, but I won't let it happen to you.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

I can't believe Dolly didn't win.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

i am embarassed to admit it trey, but i did the same thing as you. i actually had my "entire" life packed in the back of my honda civic for about two weeks. all of my "furniture" was at ira's apartment in his den. then i found an apartment. procrastination does suck.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

Hey somebody look at me, I'm blogging again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters