Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Just call me... Sheronda?

I'm not even sure how you spell Sheronda but you can call me that. Sharhonda? I've been getting calls on my cell asking for Sharonda. I've told them I'm not Shuronda but they don't care. Apparently, Sherhonduh owes them money.

I can't help but wonder...

Who is Sheronda? What is she like? Does she have a family? I know she doesn't have good credit based on the collection calls I've been getting. Is she a Christian? Is she a real Christy Christian or just the C&E Type?

I wonder if she has kids? And if so does she feed them well or just junk food? Does she make them order exclusively from the dollar menu? And if they order something else, why don't they ever finish their fries but refuse to share?

Is Sheronda married? If so to whom? IS her He-ronda a nice man? Does He-ronda help out with the kids and steal the fries they refuse to share. Or is He a lout or a drunk? A pauper or a prince? Does he know how to work with cars or does he open the hood but his hands on hips and look down in a knowing way into what might as well be the brain of shark for all he understand it?

Her name implies she's African-American... does she have sickle cell anemia? Or maybe she's the only white girl in the world named Sheronda. Think of the pressure she'd be under with that kind of name.

Why is she behind on her credit card payments? I she tight for cash? Did she have an accident and needs cash to repair her aluminium shark or God-forbid one of her child's arms? Or am I getting calls because she is scamming them with a fake number? Is she a domestic terrorist? Is it possible she's linked to "Albert Queda" wink wink?

And what if she's not even a woman? Or what if she's not even human. She could be Klingon, Martian or Vulcan. Or maybe, just maybe, she is whatever a Yoda is, but I doubt it they seem too wise to get into credit trouble.

I think I'm going to answer my phone, "Hello, Sheronda speaking" all day today and see if I can get more information? I don't want to be linked to a possible Vulcan Terrorist w/ a deadbeat husband, a bad credit score, a broken down car, and kids who don't finish their supper unless I have more info. Do I need a wire tap warrent to listen to my own calls now?

10 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

hilarious

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

I think your early assumptions were more likely. Once you got into the vulcan part, you forgot the real Sharonda.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger ftwskies said...

This happened to me once, with my first phone. I got a wrong number asking for some other guy. I explained to the caller but the calls kept coming. It got so bad I had to use my voicemail announcement to explain that I wasn't this other guy. Well, long story short, the calls continued and got more, er -- problematic. I finally figured out that this girl that kept calling knew full well I wasn't that other guy, but she was having a blast pranking me all the time about it! When the calls starting coming in at 2am and the messages were - ahem - solicitous - I finally called AT&T and had them change my number. No more calls!

--Jim <><

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

It's Cherwanda. She was named for Cher and Wanda Jackson, the first lady of rock n roll.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheronda might be the person who calls our house about every other Saturday night around 8:30 looking for Devonte. No matter how many times she strikes out, she doesn't seem to think about writing Devonte's real phone number down somewhere. To my knowledge, Devonte has never actually had our phone number nor lived with us.

Maybe you should get your service provider to change your account to "Dawong Numba" who is shown in the SBC phone book to have 817-232-2791. That way you could simply say, "I'm sorry. You have reached Dawong Numba."

Cell phones -- how did we ever get along with those noisy little plastic doohickies connected to the wall at a fixed location?

Maybe some day your debt collector-caller will say to himself: The number is the number of Sheronda, but the voice is the voice of Trey.
Gen. 27:22


James C.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger James said...

Collection Agent must be one of the most difficult jobs.

With most jobs, the people you deal with most of the day want to work with you, or they want the service/product you provide.

With CA's, they spend all day calling people and telling them to give them money "or else".

Rough job.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

you seem to speak from exerience.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

i'm sorry trey. with all of our family's recent health issues we are terribly behind financially. in a tizzy i gave them your number. i know, i know... i'm sorry. you didn't know my first name is sherhonda? sorry for the inconvenience. :)

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay...that was funny!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this and thought it was hilarious. I truly think I AM the only white girl named Sherondah (My mom must have been crazy), so I guess that is why I found your post so amusing. I just had to respond. However, no, I am not the one that owes those people calling you money....sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters