Sunday, July 03, 2005

Weekend Update

Ok so its more like Weekly Update this time. But what cha gunna do?

Tuesday: Early phone call from Mom, "Happy Birthday, Granny Ruth is dead." (That comma should be a period.) Stacey and I drive to FW. I answer the phone and have to talk about what happened and accept condolences and promises of BBQ.

Wednesday: Mope about the house with the Fam. People bring food and I forget about my diet. I am on the phone more today. I've whittled the story down to about 2 minutes.

Thursday: I quit answering the phone because I'm depressed and I get a sunburn and go to the visitation/viewing thing. Old people who haven't spoken to Ruth for 40 years come out of the woodwork after reading her obit. Do old people really read the obits looking for old friends? I guess they do.

Friday:
10am - Funeral
11:30am - Lunch with fam at the church. I eat too much banana pudding.
1pm - Back home and its raining. I take a nap and sleep like the dead. (Pardon the expression.)
4pm - I call around and make a sack lunch for the concert.
6pm - Concert in the Park. Nice day.
8pm - Opening act, Sweet Lee is somewhat sour.
8:30 - Polyphonic spree starts. My friends don't want to dance... or even stand. Later I push to the front Lindsey.
10pm - Fireworks.
10:30 - The Shuttle is too crowded so 6 of us get in a 4 seater car with a friend and roll out.
11:30 - Back home, I finish the rest of the banana pudding.

Saturday:
I had made plans to go with my FW-friends to go to an improv comedy show, but I decide to leave without calling them. I prepare some carefully crafted words to apologize for bailing out, but... they don't call. You don't have to apologize for bailing out if your friends forget to call you. I'm not sure if they went without me or not, but I guess my absence wasn't felt. Then I get lonely in Garland. I call a friend here but she is visiting family in Fort Worth wouldn't you know.

Sunday:
Back to work. I feel out of place. I forget to bring my computer and other stuff to the church.
I picked up my mail today and got an odd mix of sympathy and birthday cards. Same with email but they skewed more birthday.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

Hey now, we finally stood up and danced! And when you and Lindsey went up to the front I was standing most of the time...you just missed it. :)

I went swimming at your parents house today...fun times!!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Emily said...

We didn't go to the pirate party...we talked about it at the concert. I thought you heard, but I'm glad to hear you weren't waiting around on us anyways!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

ira and i went to four day weekend recently. it was hysterical. but it's better to go with a group.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters