Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday Morning Quarter Back: Oprah Stinks

Ok.

Last post: Nobody commented, how sad. Maybe nobody reads on the weekend.

Movie review: Bewitched. Durwood - trying to hard to be funny but funny. Samantha - approaching Meg Ryan levels of over-cuteness. Uncle Arthur - dead impression. The dad - reminds me of Alfred from batman. Overall rating 14 chevrons out of 20. --> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oprah: See is offended and crying fowl (and 'racist') when she was recently turned away from some fashion boutique when she arrive after the store was closed. She somehow expect that the store would open for her even though it past closing. When they didn't it became "The most embarrassing experience of my life." Well, I guess she's never been embarrassed even though she's cried on TV, and gained and lost weight a hundred times, and lives with her boyfriend who she's not married to. But it's 'racist' if you don't let Oprah shop after closing time. What this really looks like is that Oprah has lost touch with what normal people deal with every day. She is entitled to special treatment. But in her defense what retailer working on commission would not let Oprah into their store. The lady lights her diamond encrusted cigars with burning Strativarious guitar which she lights with a hundred dollar bill.

I love my job. But I get tired looking at July when I'll be gone 15 days and home 2 nights. I need more boxer-briefs to survive this laundromatic-catastrophy.

I'm thinking of writing a childrens book called. "The Mustache Butterfly." With Sequel books, "The Mustache Buttefly Strikes Back" and "The Return of the Mustache Butterfly."

Ps: Yes I know, there are only 13 chevrons on that line. Deal with it. And what kind of loser counts them anyway?

8 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

I commented to the post below. One day to 26. Mumsy

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

Did you get our happy birthday $40 we already owed you yet?

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger The Root said...

Naturally, after you told me, I had to count the number of Chevrons. I came up with three different numbers. I discovered that I need to stop reading blogs at 2 in the morning.....

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

Happy Birthday Trey!!! I hope your day is fabulous! You're coming to Polyphonic Spree on Friday right?

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bday old man!!!
have a wonderful day!!!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

It's Tuesday 9pm and I'm laughing because people keep telling me to have a wonderful day and will likely feel guilty about it when they read my latest post. Don't feel bad, your intent still counts.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

I know I did feel guilty when my mom told me about your grandmother about an hour after I posted the Happy Birthday comment. I am sorry to hear about Ruth and please let me know if you need anything. (weird to put on a blog but I do mean it.)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

i agree with you on the oprah thing. she's oprah, but closed is closed, isn't it???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters