Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year, Same Trey

New Years Eve I made a big long list of all the trash that went wrong in 07.

Then I made a big list on the back side of all the stuff I was going to change in 08.

I looked at it. Read over it. Made sure I had made no mistakes or omitted something.

Then I laughed at it for a good 2 or 3 minutes.

I set it down and walked away.

But every now and then it caught the corner of my eye and I had to laugh again.

I burned it.

Forget that. No resolutions, no regrets. It just isn't me.

I'm awesome just the way I am.

Bring on 2008!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

Did you really burn it?

Happy New Year.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

I said I did and I did.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

My resolutions are to gain 20 pounds and start smoking.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

I'm with Weezie. And read less and drink more too...

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm laughing out loud at the post and all of the comments....well except Jen's. Yours is too normal. :)

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Lynn Leaming said...

So sorry you have such a poor self image.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

So sorry I wimped out on my resolution reply. I just felt like my New Year's Resoultions would make you guys feel like yours paled in comparison.

Here are mine...

1. Set fire to the tract rack in a true blaze of glory.
2. Gain 20 pounds, then lose 20 pouns, then gain 20 pounds, then lose 20 pounds so that I can tell everyone I lost 40 pounds.
3. Finally get Stacey and Clinton to choose me for "What Not To Wear."

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Emily said...

You've just earned a spot in my laugh out loud list.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

i'm all about the gain weight thing, too.

i'm also planning on sagging and rippling more, growing thick gray hairs on my chin and scalp and haletosis, just like my dear old grammy used to have :0)

say it with me, y'all!

let's gain some weight in 2008!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters