Friday, June 15, 2007

Yes, I ran out of Gas

Har Dee Har Har! Yes, it's a laugh riot. What a buffoon. What a stooge.

Of course, my humiliation was made complete in that Luke was a witness to my folly. In fact, about ten minutes previous he said, "Hey, we're on E."

And I said, "Bah! We'll be fine," with an air of hubris!

Ca-chunka! Ca-chunka! And we're stopped in the right hand lane of Miller near Jupiter.

Reaction of other cars: Honk! Honk! Curse! Curse! Honk! Honk! Need help? Honk! Curse! Finger! Honk! Need our cell phone? Honk! Honk!

Those who saw us stop were really angry. Those who came across us later were usually pretty nice.

All in all I spent about 12 hours in a U-Haul yesterday. I went to Fort Worth for Bricks, Dallas for Lighting and N.Garland for Shirts.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha snort
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i don't mean to laugh at your misery, but it is kind of funny.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone has a run out of gas story I'll bet. As I was returning to Lubbock Christian after Spring Break one year I got to visiting with my travel partner and didn't make my usual stop for gas. All of a sudden about 15 miles from Brownfield I heard the same thing you did. Just so happens that with the help of the trusty CB radio (break 1,9) we got someone to go into town and bring us back a couple of gallons. The car that pulled up was full of some very big, very drunk African American gentlemen who I was sure had not seen the inside of a church for a very long time. A jail maybe, but not a church. My knees were knocking as they approached us holding the can of gasoline; but they turned out to be the nicest bunch of guys you would ever know. They even refused the few bucks I tried to give them for their trouble. I think the laugh they got out of a couple of dumb "college boys" was payment enough.

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! That's one of my big fears.

I'm glad to see someone use "har dee har har". I actually used that today. I've decided to try and bring that back. It's not used enough. Some people just deserve it. I've heard too many lame jokes recently.

Trey I wish you could've come to Summer Spectacular! When is your show? I'm assuming you're doing Joshua?

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm just waiting for the day that I run out of gas. I'm get way too close way too often. But at least when I do, I'll still be able to take joy in the fact that you did it first! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters