Monday, April 30, 2007

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Spoonerisms.

If the title was too criptic I went to Scarborough Fair this weekend.

To facilitate things I've provided a link to what a Spoonerism is. Basically its mixing up consonants in a word. So "Beautiful Juliet" becomes "Jeautiful Buliet." Be careful about "Handsome Romeo." A man told the entire R&J story in spoonerisms so fast it made the mind woble violently... or should I say Voble Wiolently?

A good time was had by all. It was G's B-Day. And it turns out if you tell actors at a Renaissance Fair it's your B-Day you get all kinds of grief. Including a water balloon to the face.

Why don't more places serve Turkey legs and Sausage on a Stick? I think the church could do a brisk business if they sold them during class.

I enjoy going to be the "normal guy" somewhere finally.

Graham said I was shy, no its just rare that I don't have to be "on." So I sit back and let someone entertain me for a change. Also, I'm often concentrating so I can steal their material for later use.

Favorite acts: Zilch the Torn Steller (spoonerism-man) and the Turtle Race. (The turtle race is 1/2 hour long but is mostly announcing the competitors, placing wagers, and booing the 'villain-turtle' Bertrude Lump or was it Ferdinand Dump. It doesn't matter I was cheering for Ivan the Terrapin and "El Nino".)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Emily said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go to Scarborough Fair!!

And I think its a lie that you like to sit back and have other people entertain you...in our few trips to the Improv, I think you usually try to make more jokes than usual, maybe to prove that you're actually funnier than the guys on stage. :)

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No proof required for those of us who know you.

Sound's fun. I can't think of much I like better than a well-turned spoonerism. My dad used to read us stories in spoonerism . . . well actually, he did it once and then whenever he got that book out, we demanded to hear the story the Bew Naby Hums Comb.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kid, you can dream all you want, but you are NEVER the 'normal guy' anywhere you go. Just because people are not aware of your dazzling talents doesn't mean they aren't there!!!

I agree; it was an incredibly dun fay. I hope to do it again soon.

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite parts of the day was the drive to and from the Faire. I really enjoyed the conversation and laughs. Thanks for going with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters