Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday Songs

Name that Monday Artist:
Honor System, No Googling Allowed, Reply with your answers

1. "Monday, Monday, Can't trust that day." Or can we?

2. "You can kiss me on a Monday, a Monday, a Monday, is very very good" I think Lindsey once said she thought she was the only person who knew this song existed.

4. "I wish it was Sunday, 'cause that's my funday. My I don't have to run day. It's just another..." Of course being a minister I feel this song is backwards, Sunday is hectic.

5. "Talkin to myself and feeling old. Sometimes I'd like to quit, nothing ever seems to fit."

6. "How I hate - - - Monday. Got to work like a slave all day. Here come Tuesday, oh hard Tuesday. I'm so tired got no time to play."

7. "I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. hazeand I just want you back by my side."

8. "Are you ready? I said get ready... all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight!"
- I think Hey Man called this guy makes a living as "A Caricature of Himself"

7 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) Mamas & the Papas
2)
3) Hey, there ain't no 3?!?
4) Bangles
5)
6)
7) Jimmy Buffett
8) Hank Williams Jr.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

HAHA! I RARELY look at blogs anymore. I decided to glance your direction today. I started reading your blog and immediately when I read song #2, I thought, "WHOA, I thought I was the only person who knew that song!" then I continued reading, and felt kind of dumb, that I must claim that a lot. I don't remember ever saying that, but obviously, I did.

I don't know the artist, I just know the title, "Never on a Sunday" it's on my Wonder Years soundtrack. I could cheat, but I WAS a member of the SCS Honor Council and I will continue to live my life in such honesty.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Heyman - This time I skipped #3 on purpose.

Lindsey - I was singing this song one monday at harding and you mentioned it.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa. It seems as if Hey Man and I have the same taste in weekday-themed music. (You must be a pretty cool dude, Hey Man. Having something in common with me is incontrovertible evidence.) He beat me to all the songs I knew, save one.

Thanks to Mom leaving the tape in the car's stereo throughout my grade school years, I have unintentionally memorized all of the Carpenters' hits, including your #5, Rainy Days and Mondays.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliment Gina, I can't believe I didn't remember #5! That girl had the most amazing voice; what a shame she starved herself to death.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Agreed, Hey Man. She makes me wish I was an alto (but not an anorexic) everytime I hear her.

And it was, indeed, a compliment. It is an incontrovertible truth that people whose musical tastes are similar to mine? They rock. Therefore, you must rock.

(You rock, too, Trey. Just because you're you.) (Does that make me sound like a mom?) (When are you coming to visit me? I'll be nice and let you hang out with Ty, too.)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Well, looks like you got most of them! Good job ever'body!

Lindsey was all over #2 but forgot that it was sung by the Chordettes,

And the much forgotten #6 was Blue Monday by Fats Domino.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters