Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Podcasts

Ok, I mentioned earlier I was addicted to them. Now I'm going to become part of the problem!

Hopefully, I will be able to debut my SRCC podcast within a couple of weeks. It's format will be a weekly family Bible study, with a few laughs thrown in for good measure. One of my elders put this bug in my ear about a lesson for people who can't make it here on Wednesday nights from far away lands. It got me thinking, but this will be for all of our church families with elementary students.

I already have most of the equipment I need, and Jaton has mentioned some good family curriculum we already own. I'm amazed how prepared we already are for this endevor. Basically to do a podcast you need: Mic, Audio rec/edit software, Webhosting, a way offer subscriptions (there are a number of free online examples including iTunes), some content, and a voice.

Just as a reminder you don't need an iPod to listen to a podcast (which is free). You can download iTunes (for free) or just download the audio file straight from our server. You can listen to it on your PC or burn it onto a CD and take it on the go!

4 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a elder who suggested podcasts?? I am WAY impressed!

And I cannot WAIT to hear the stuff you will come up with. Rock on!

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. This will be a terrific success I'm sure. Let me know if you need anything.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

technically he suggested "a tape to send to families" but I just bumped his idea into the 21st century.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger nairb said...

I have been doing this for a while for our Church. We podcast sermons, adult classes etc. I hear our Youth minister may jump on the band wagon as well.

Suggestion: Use feedburner. They help make sure your stuff is in the correct format for iTunes as well as offer options for people to add your feed to people's google/ yahoo homepage and many others.

Are you doing audio only or video too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters