Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Internet Down for a WEEK and a HALF!

Ok so, that was probably the longest time I've spent off the net since Junior High. And now its back up! You should see my Inbox, almost 2 weeks of emails arrived this morning, and no, I don't want to improve my manliness.

What's weird is how much we take the net for granted. Even though they said it would be down for a while I still opened up internet explorer 12 times a day to get that sad can not connect page. I wish I'd've kept a list of what I wanted to search for on any given day.

Also, I realize I'm not as smart as I think I am. Some of the things I "think" I "know" are actually just things I know how to look up quickly on the net. And some of the things "I can do" turned out to be things the internet could do for me.

Well, I'm back.

6 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Blog. Instead of "you are what you eat", it's "you are what you search".

Linda Cook

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid and the President had a speech we would cry because there would be no TV that night. Then in High School we got CB radios. If you didn't have one you were out of the loop. It is funny how we become addicted to stuff. I can't cook, the microwave is broken. I saw a news report this week about how Blackberrys (the electronic type) have become addictive. They are calling them Crackberrys. It is no wonder our parents who survived the Depression and WWII without anything can look at us and shake their heads in disbelief.

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back! My day is incomplete with my Trey blog.

And: if it is at your fingertips, whether on the internet or exactly where you can find it in a book, it counts as knowing it.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

glad your back! if i saw they creepy kids face one more time I might have freaked!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

10 days without internet? How did you survive?

Don't you think that we've arrived at the time where the internet is as valubale and soon to be more valuable than any other communication medium?

Thanks, Al Gore.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

if the net went down on the global scale think of the havok. We are perhaps too dependant. At least I know how to work a plow and a bow and arrow. When the bomb drops these ten days off the net may have prepared me for the worst.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters