Saturday, May 28, 2005

Vicious Diatribe: Hold your comments until the end.

The problem with email and blogs is that you can't interrupt until the very end. And there is no guarantee that your comments will ever be heard. Face to face or, even better, over the phone you can jump right in and say, "Hold on there a minute Chet!"

But with blogs you have to keep a list of general grievances until the very end then you try and make corrections. The problem with this is when an early mistake sullies the entire rest of the post.

Here is an example of having to wait to long until the end to comment.

In regards to your last email/blog, I have the following corrections:

Item 1 - In your first paragraph you called me Tray, but my name is spelled with an E. (It is also spelled with a T,R, and Y but you had those right the first time.)

Item 2 - You also said in paragraph one, line 4, that I used to "go steady" with Martha. Correction, although Martha and I dated we never had the DTR chat and therefore it is inaccurate to say we "went steady."

Item 3 - You quoted "E.E. Cummings" but everyone knows he spells his name "e.e. cummings."

Item 4 - "The capital of Myanmar is Yangon, also Myanmar is now commonly known as Burma."

Item 5 - "I never said, 'Let them eat flapjacks.' I said, 'Let them eat pancakes.' An obvious play on Marie Antoinette's "Let them eat cake." Read a book sometime.

...

Item 56 - In paragraph 8, line 14, you said "I assumed it would be ok the day before." What you meant was "presumed" since this action happened beforehand.

But in response to the rest of your email/blog, Yes, I'd love to get some pizza.


Wouldn't that have been easier if I could have jumped in earlier.

This of course does not apply to my email/blogs because I don't make mistake.
(Actually I make a few mistakes, but they are only in the areas of: spelling, grammar, punctuation, good taste, hair cut, fashion and elective surgery.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters