Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Behold Lambert the Sheepish Lion in all his GLORY!

I haven't posted for a few days for two reasons:

Firstly, Memorial day... mmm... bbq.

Secondly, this:


This is Lambert.


He's over 12 feet tall.


This is him from the street.


Lambert is over 15 feet wide.

I had an amazing amount of help painting and building him. He is attached to our building to advertise for VBS.

Here is the list of people who helped build this and other VBS props:
Jeanette Clothier
Wayne Roberts
Will Moses
Mike Ritchie
Jennifer Reinsch
Mary Johnson
Lisa Kelly
Kevin Kelly
Jeff McClure
Matthew Johnson
Tama Barnes
Rachel the Intern
Sergio Loredo
Marshall Aldriedge
and Kelly the other Intern
and I probably forgot someone else... thank you too.

I was amazed at the turn out. It rained all day but we worked like bees inside. To get it up before church 7 men arrived at church at 6am! It was up before 1st service, hurray!

I've been getting a lot of good feedback but you should find someone on that list and thank them!

Thank you guys so much, if you guys hadn't turned out we'd have never gotten the job done in such a fantastic fashion! I'd particularly like to add extra thanks to Wayne, Jeanette, Will, Mike and Jennifer for putting in extra hours and giving up even more of their weekend to inhale paint fumes and build the lion frame.

6 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Joanie said...

WOW, Trey!

It looks awesome. Great job!

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trey, that looks so good!!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Trey that looks so good, I can't believe that we are all so crazy doing VBS, but at three different churches. Now when is your VBS? I highly doubt I will be able to see it, but I sure hope I can. Did you ever find a Daniel, or are you the mane man? Well good luck with it all!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

June 12-15. And I found a great Daniel, Will Moses! He's doing a great job.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

You are doing a super job!
Unbiased,
Mom

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, I know how much work it takes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters