Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Last Night Was Valentine's Day

For Valentines Day Sara got me tickets to see "Flight of the Conchords" at Nokie and last night was the night! (Thanks, Babe!)

If you haven't heard of them your no longer cool. They are a New Zealand Novelty Duo. They have a show on HBO.

They talked between each song, which they explained to us up front:

"This is how we do it. We do a song then we talk a bit. Song. Talk. Song. Talk. Sometimes we just go song-song. And other times we go talk-talk... but you probably won't notice that."

Right off the bat I told Sara we had accidentally stumbled onto an "Ironic T-Shirt Competition" I thought about giving you my top 10 Stupid T-Shirts I saw but 9 of them are too profane to describe.

Also at Nokia they serve people drinks in that kind of disposable cup that are like kind of nice but still thin cheap plastic. They look like real glasses but they are just trash. Anyway, you wouldn't believe the people who thought these made excellent souvenirs. First, you are just advertising how much you drank. Second, they are trash!

I'm not surprised stupid college kids to take these home. Man, between us three room mates we got a set of 24 margarita glasses! I was surprised to see people in their 30's taking them home!

Ok, to go to this concert you basically have to have enough money to get HBO and buy tickets. This means you should know better than take home an armload of trash! But I'm sure the janitorial staff appreciates it.

I assume people wake up the next morning hung over, look in their sink at the sticky, dirty trash cups they brought home the night before and shake their heads in amazement at who they have become!


48546

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Heyman said...

Great, some whippersnapper letting me know that I'm no longer cool; as if I didn't already know that. This blog reminds me of Mardi Gras. We brought home dozens of cups we got from the guys on the floats. Used them through the early childhood "I will not drop a plastic cup but just give me a crystal one" stage. They were gifts at birthday parties; used them to hold paint; digging in the yard - you name it. They went through the dishwasher so many times we could no longer read the name of the Krewe (New Orleans term for Social Club) who tossed them to us. Finally retired those cups. Guess I need to get back to a Mardi Gras parade. Come to think of it, I'm short on beads too.

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask4plastic.com is online Directory of Disposable Cups Buyer & Seller.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters