Saturday, March 01, 2008

3 Things

1) Leap Day

It came and went and I didn't get a chance to say anything. What a strange day! Leap day always proves to me that the METRIC SYSTEM WILL NEVER WORK! Sure you can make a nice "Base 10" system for measuring length and width, but what you can NEVER have a easy 10-scale measurement of time!

Leap day is the case in point! - There aren't 100 perfect days in a metric year. There aren't even 365 even days! We have that 1/4 day hanging around waiting to mess you up! In fact our calendar isn't even that great! The Mayan calendar was more accurate than our current calendar 4000 years ago!

Ok, so Leap Day is cool. Metrics will never work, quit feeling guilty that America won't convert.

2) Wellness update

I'm feeling fine, haven't heard anything new. The waiting may kill me.

3) "Moonbeam"

Had a few comments about my name selection. "Moonbeam" was going to be my name (according to my mother) if I had been born a girl. That's right, Moonbeam Laminack. That really tells you something about my upbringing. Two yuppies who used to be hippies. I think I still have the free spirit of a "Moonbeam" even if I have been forced to cut my hair because of the man.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Emily said...

My old boss just celebrated his 4th anniversery, but he has a 15 year old son who was born about a year after they were married. Oh the joys of Leap Year. :)

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

I wore leaping shoes Friday, but it didn't help.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leap year should be the only one we "leap" our clocks forward in the Spring. Once every 4 years should be enough of that nonsense.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't have to cut your hair because of 'the man'. You CHOSE to, dude, 'cause of your workout schedule! (Hubby told me about it) So don't go blamin' no 'man'!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters