Thursday, January 17, 2008

I want to be in a "real" rock band





I'm playing rock band... and I rock! I'm like a 5 star performer. The teens at church think I'm a Rock Superstar because I can play Reaper on "Hard"! I even use the orange button. (Smug mode.)


My question is this video game guitar going to translate into real musical skill. I mean, what chord is an orange anyway?


Then I thought, what makes me think Rock Band is any less valid a musical form than so called "real" musicians.


I can see Guitar Hero and Rock Band pushing Karaoke out of business!


I need to buy a real guitar, but the question lingers on, "What chord is orange?"

8 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a pic in the DMN the other day of Garth Brooks showing Troy Aikman how to play 'Guitar Hero'. Troy had this 'duh' look on his face staring at the screen. Garth looked a bit goofy (as usual).
Now maybe you and Troy can start hanging out!!!!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

would LOVE to see that!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

an orange chord is a d minor 7 chord. does that help?

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knew I could count on Jennifer for the answer - except I don't know the question. Musically challenged.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Or forget about Guitar Hero and buy the guitar you can hook up to your TV that has little buttons on the neck that do represent actual chords called I Can Play Guitar Learning System put out by Mattel. It is designed to teach you how to play a real guitar that has strings. I saw it a WalMart last night. Master that and then start a "real" rock band.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I wanna play the drums on rock band!! I've got the Guitar Hero down and now I want to try the drums...

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

proof that you do, indeed, ROCK!~

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Kristen Ballard said...

Sydney got that game for Christmas, and it is SO FUN! I am the lead singer, of course...

Also, sorry to be the alumni hound, but my mom wants you to email her (jshaw@southwestchristian.org) so she can get some info.

Thank you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters