Thursday, February 28, 2008

If its a girl, I'll name it Moonbeam!

Three weeks ago I did something I've never done before: I went to the doctor while healthy. I wanted his advice on weight loss and figured one check up a decade couldn't hurt.

They took some blood, "as a precaution" and tested for diabetes, thyroid and "a few other things."

A few days go buy during which time I don't know I should be panicking.

One of those other things was my liver, which gave them abnormal readings. So they had me come back and take 4 more vials of blood! (From a flubotomist who's hands are like ice.)

This time I do know to panic and do so with great flair for a few days.

Which leads us to today. The results are in and "you should probably get an ultrasound"!

WHAT? I'm pregnant? That might explain the weight gain and crabbyness but there are some unanswered questions! (Like who's the momma?! and Will I have to drop out of beautician school?)

Well, I'm trying to stay positive with my potentially life threatening liver condition that somehow requires an ultrasound. As you can see when the doctors don't give me enough information I just fill in the gaps myself.

If its a boy it'll be Trey T. S. Laminack the IInd. And if its a girl...

6 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it is a girl you will be an aunt?

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trey!!! I am SO happy for you! Cigars all around!

(Actually, I hope that you will be all right. I don't want there to be anything truly wrong with you. I am with you: waiting for test results just allows me to make up all the horrible possibilities in my mind.)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I hope you are okay . . . . It could be worse, you could be panicking while completely surrounded by British men speaking in unhelpful aphorisms: "Stiff upper lip and all that."

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Praying for you here....waiting sucks. I'm sure it will turn out to be fine though!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Moonbeam sounds like a Care Bear or My Little Pony...I like it!

I'm proud of you for going to the doctor, keep us updated!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

No its Cassidy... so you can say "hop along Cassidy" remember?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters