Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Years Revolutions

Well like everyone else I've made some New Years Revolutions.
I say revolution because they always come back around.

1) Ride my bike - I've got a chart with work out goals. I play to ride at least 30 miles a week during January. And 35 in Feb. Hopefully 100 a month buy the end of the year. Go, metabolism, go!
2) Lift those heavy weights I bought - I bought 15's but I get tired pretty quick. Maybe 5's?
3) Diet - I've given up on the Atkins. I just can't live that way for more than 2 months and I end up gaining it back. So new diet: Limit sugar, no fried foods, no emotional eating. (I know it's rocket science.)
4) Shave off my beard - I'm giving myself til Dec 31st, 2006 to get this done.
5) Strangle my orthodontist or get my braces off this year.
6) Get everyone to call me "The Duke."
7) Stop buying new books until the 100 books I own that I haven't read yet are finished.
8) Live in a house with things on the walls and maintain a standard of cleanliness that a visitor could drop by unannounced.
9) Get married - HA! Just kidding, I just wanted to get my mom's hopes up for a second.
And #10) Live up to the hype.

Well Happy New Year.

I hope this year goes well and that none of you are in cross country skiing accidents. But if you are in a cross country skiing accident, I hope you don't break your ankle. But if you do break your ankle, I hope a nearby bear doesn't smell the blood and come and try and maul you. But if a bear does try and maul you, I hope you remember to play dead and don't start singing Barbra Striessand songs. But if you do start singing Barbra Striessand songs I hope the bear kills you quickly.

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exercise and diet. What a concept! I laughed out loud when I read your advice about the bear. Fortunate for me, I don't know any Barbara Streissand songs

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"People! People who ne-e-e-ed People...are the luckiest people...in the world!!!!"

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Do cereal boxes count as "things" for your walls? Cause I remember a very successful wallpapering job out in Abilene...

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger nairb said...

Is it possible to "live" in a house and mataintain a cleanliness level suitabe for a visitor?

You must reveal this because...

you are THE DUKE!

(one down, glag to help)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

you can never have too many books, even if you haven't read them all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters