Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Going Back to Abilene!

I have a lot of fond memories of Abilene (many at Buffalo Wild Wings) and now I'm headed back.
I've been asked to speak at the Bible Teachers Workshop, my topic:

Postmodern Children's Ministry
If you aren't reading this while downloading music to your iPod, reading email, talking on your cell phone and drinking a red bull you are under-stimulated.


The good news is they are both on Saturday (I thought I had one each morning Friday and Saturday) so I won't have to leave until Friday to get there.

Any of my friends still live there? I don't know, I haven't kept in touch. So other than Kelly I might be spending my time there in solitude if she can't drag herself away from her cats for an evening.

My agenda:

Friday:
4pm: Arrive
4:30 Check in
5:00 Move in
5:30 Call anyone who might still be in town.
6:00 Dinner
8:00 Run through material for next day
8:05 Panic Attack
9:00 Wonder if it's too soon to go to bed
9:45 Get last wind and add 40 more slides to my presentation.
11pm - Sleep

Saturday
7 - Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey
7:30 Arrive in Classroom and figure out if my projector is going to work.
8:15 Class 1 Starts
9:15: Class 1 Ends, I find a private place to cry
9:30 Class 2 Starts, I pretend I haven't been crying
10:30 Class 2 Ends, I feel one pounds lighter, it's over
11:00 Go to Harold's BBQ
11:30 Feel 100 Pounds Heavier.

12 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, at least you have a plan.

I'm proud of you, Bro. Knock em out! I assume you are about as Postmodern as they come. I on the other hand am just a post most of the time.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun. Maybe you should try to get Emily to go along . . . every trip is better with a cruise director.

Throw an orange at the tower for me, and try to get Harold to sing.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

As I recall my orange missed the tower. It was sad.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

HA! Man, I want to go to Abilene. I want some of Clyde's Pizza House...mmmmmm. AND Little Panda....mmmmmm. OH and some Sharkey's burrito in the United Supermarket...MMMMMM. I'm hungry. Good luck! Maybe after this is over, we can be friends.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to have the chance to listen to you speak for 2 hours. My prediction: your second hour will be completely packed, because everybody in the first hour will drag all their friends and colleagues in there to hear you.

And I would love to 'do' Abilene with you; maybe then it would actually seem interesting.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Joanie said...

our little Trey has grown up...I'm proud of you, Trey!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean by going back? just for this workshop?

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

lindsay - Maybe. Check you're notebook you keep on me and see.

Mrs. HM - Don't jinx me, I've predicted 8 little old ladies and two college friends of mine is all that'll show

joanie - word up!

morgan - I'll be back in time for Sunday. John Scott has something interesting planned, you won't want to miss it.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As I recall, your orange wasn't the only one that missed, and mine only hit cause I didn't put any heart into it.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger James said...

Doesn't Katherine Gould work up there?

P.S. Did you get my note that I left for you?

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

get the super spicy wings if you go to BWW and think of me :)I miss you.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Yes I got your message James, I was out with a sore throat and I'm sorry I missed you. That will teach you not to try and surprises, call ahead.

While in Abilene Kelly totally ignored me... she is now dead to me, I deleted here from my cell and I will delete her from my blog roll soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters