Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bitterness and the Return of Tower of Babel Poetry

I have to pay $350 bucks to repair my driver side rearview mirror! Apparently the 98 Chevy Blazer has the worlds most expensive rear view mirror. It has been broken for a month but I've been too busy and broke to repair it. Therefore it has been held up by duct tape (classy). Anyway the mirror is a power mirror which I knew about but they told me it was more because it is also a heated defroster mirror! WHAT?! I didn't know that? I've never needed it, and certainly don't in the 100 degree heat! It's just my luck that the only bonus features on my truck I never get to use.

To get over my bad feelings about having to repair the mirror out of own pocket I have crafted a tower of Babel poem! If you've forgotten what that is check this old post.

Babel Version of
"How my back opinion mirror stole the reflection of my life of love."
My mirror cost too much money!
Now I cannot take my honey,
we must Dutch go,
but I am well in the link,
I hope it sufficient am that I am humoristic.

Dutch Version of
"Hoe mijn riew mening Spiegel de weerspiegeling van mijn Leven van de Liefde stal"
Mijn spiegel kostte teveel geld!
Nu niet kan ik mijn honing nemen,
zullen wij moeten Nederlands gaan,
maar ik ben goed in de koppeling,
Ik hoop het voldoende is dat ik humoristisch ben.

Original English Version of
"How my rear view Mirror stole the reflection of my Love Life"
My mirror costs too much money!
Now I can't take out my honey,
We'll have to go Dutch,
But I'm good in the clutch,
I hope it's enough that I'm funny.


That's right! I've invented the tower of Babel Limerick!

6 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I guess that might be hard to find at a wrecking yard. I was going to suggest U-Pull It, in Dallas, but they might not have the heated mirror. It'd be worth the two bucks to look for it, though, if you think you could get it on to your car.

The advantages are that the price is MUCH less, and by removing the replacement from the old car, you learn how to not damage your own car when you put it on, so it's better than ordering the new one and putting it on yourself. I've never had any trouble, unless you count forgetting my tools, or getting stung by wasps (but they gave me the parts for free that time). Then again, I always wanted to be MacGuyver, so I doubt that I'm a good example.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me you have a 'honey'! Keeping secrets....tsk, tsk, tsk. (Or is 'she' just a poetic device????)

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mirror cost too much money
And I hope you don't find this funny,
Cause the way that it broke
Was when I was eyeing some bloke
That my Mother would surely call Sonny.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

we missed you on friday night! It was quite an event. I would write a post about it, but I think Katie wants to, so you'll have to check her's out.

p.s. I almost knocked over a small child while racing to our Front Row Bar Seats.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Babel Comment
Your Babel sets up rocks the house

German Comment
Ihr Babel stellt Felsen das Haus auf!

Original English Comment
Your Babel posts rock the house!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

You pay a premium to be able to see behind you from the side perspective even in ice and snow.

Who's your honey?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters