Sunday, October 23, 2005

Guest Blogger: Hey Man.

I don't mean this as a dig but Hey Man is better qualified to talk about age than I am. Here is his recent response to one of my blog posts that is too good not to be on the front page.

Guest Blogger: Hey Man
Now that I'm "older" (but refuse to grow up), here's what I've discovered:

1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and All Bran.

3. I finally got my head together; now my body is falling apart.

4. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

5. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

6. All reports are in; life is now officially unfair.

7. If all is not lost, where is it?

8. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

9. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

10. Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.

11. I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few...

12. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

13. It's hard to make a come back when you haven't been anywhere.

14. The only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the
bathroom.

15. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

16. When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play
chess?

17. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

18. It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.

19. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

20. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter... I go
somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.

21. Funny, I don't remember being . . . . . absent minded...


Funny Stuff 'Hey man'! Okay, back to Trey. I dodn't have a problem being old. In fact I look forward to being a crazy old man. It's just getting old that bothers me. It seems you loose the will to have fun. But clearly in people like Hey Man this hasn't happened. And I keep meeting young women who've given up on fun. I guess it's all a state of mind. At a recent wedding I saw some of my high school friends with wives and kids and that resigned look of hopelessness that a wedding might make for a "Pretty nice little Saturday."

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Why do men feel that they are old at the ripe old age of 26? It seems all of my guy friends, upon hitting 26 think that they are just 1 year away from death! YOU ARE STILL IN YOUR 20's!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters