Monday, July 21, 2008

Long Time No Post: Since VBS

Ok, so I haven't posted since VBS. But one of those weeks I was gone to camp and the other two I was... busy. I'm tempted to share my happiness with you but I'd rather do it in person. Instead I'll share my Vexation. I had jury duty last week.


First you have to take the Dart which is a little adventure. Then you have to watch a video where they repeatedly call you a "Jur-OR." Then you sit around. Then they tell you to take a break.


They have a cafeteria downstairs where they'll serve you two eggs, three bacon, toast and hash browns for $3.50. That cafeteria is locked in time!


I met a man named James as I exited the Dart. He too had jury duty. It was a mistake to talk to him because he'll talk your ear off. And chuckle at himself. I decided to play Zelda on my Gameboy. Excellent game!


Then they told us to go to lunch. Then they told us we were dismissed.


Then Sara and I went to the Dallas Museum of Art because I figured Uncle Sam had given me half a day off downtown. It was good. My favorite painting was Gerald Murphy's "The Watch."


It's actually bigger than this. Like 8' x 8'. And it wasn't fuzzy in person.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger stacey4 said...

Welcome back to the world of Blog

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad my directions on DART did not get you lost. Good to read you again.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been busy, also, this summer, so I will excuse your LONG absence. But I am glad to again have the little 'peek' into your brain.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

i want to go to the meuseum... that sounds SO fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters