Thursday, January 12, 2006

CEC - What to do when I'm out of town.

I'm going to the CEC which stands for like Christian Educators Conferance this Sunday. I will be out of the office until Wednesday evening. Please try and hold on until then. If I can get online I will post an update. I know some of you may be about to panic, but don't.

Until I get back you could try (Try at least on a day):
1) I've updated my links section to include other blogs. Proceed with caution.
2) Post on if I should or shouldn't shave off the beard (I'll be keeping the goatee)
3) Post on which super hero you would like to be. (For the sake of argument you may not choose Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Spider-man or Wolverine. If you don't know any other google Marvel Comics Characters or DC Comic Characters.)
4) Learn a new dance step or invent one
5) Try and find the Zondervan NIV Study Bible Software case that I lost because it has the product key and I can't use it without it.
6) Create your own blog. Lots of you ruetinely post on my blog without one of your own so I can return the favore. Don't worry to much about it being "great" just post something of interest once a week to start.
7) Write someone you know an actual letter. (Not email... you know, paper, stamp address, thought.)
8) Play minesweeper until you have beaten beginner and intermediate.
9) Write an anonymous memo to you boss and sign it, "The Spoiler." Suggest in the memo that 4 people get fired. Include the three best employees at the office and yourself.
10) Tell a stranger they have lint on them.
11) Ask a coworker to go to lunch you don't normally talk to.
12) Email someone from your old high school and confess you stole their college acceptance letters from the mail years ago.
13) Only shave one leg or one side of your face until I get back.
14) Call a friend and make plans for dinner, then call back 15 minutes later to cancel says, "I've gotten a better offer."
15) When in an area with two different colored tiles, choose one and walk on it. Tell others, "The black square are lava."
16) Ride an elevator facing away from the doors and the numbers. (other will often do the same)
17) When in traffic and someone cuts you off or you cut someone off and they drive up to give you the finger, be ready for them. Make eye contact (most people avoid it), smile reaaaaaally big, give the thumbs up, the draw your thumb across you throat and point at the passenger in your car. Mouth the words "Olive juice!" over and over again.
18) Write a poem them burn it. (Lets face it you can't write poetry.) Then say, "Yesterday I wrote a poem then burnt it in the sink." If someone asks why say, "Because there is a burn ban."
19) Introduce yourself with your middle name every teller, receptionist or drive thru worker, even if they don't care or ask.
20) Look at a picture of yourself from college and wonder where that skinny person went.

There that should hold you over.

Oh and #21) Find all the typos in this blog because I refoose to spell checj.

10 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Ok that was HILarious.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if San Antonio is ready for you; but I know you will be missed. I checked out those ToyBox videos yesterday. They are great! I would like to be a part of something like that someday. We have the talent at SR to pull it off. Dream big, huh?

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shave the beard (leaving the goatee, I understand). Then get into a schedule of shaving the beard only every third day. When people ask you if you are growing the beard back, just look confused and change the subject.

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger The Root said...

I would be Green Lantern.
I mean, come on, you can make anything with that ring. I would totally exploit that.

My new dance move is called "The Squiggly." I'll show it to you all sometime.

I walk on tiles in weird ways already. It's an OCD thing. I don't need to add any complications to that.

I avoid Zondervan universally.

I never use my middle name. People seem to have a hard time thinking that Root is spelled R-O-O-T. I don't need to make stupid people's lives more difficult.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

I did all 21. Where can I e-mail the typos.

Too funny, man. This one is gold. And hey, I'm finally adding a link to you. Sorry it took so long but I'm a blogcrastinator.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

Dearest Trey, I just read your last 3 blogs to catch up. Work is a blizzard of paper. My totem pole person(s) is Fred & Ethyl Mertz, they supported the Ricardos, I loved that. I haven't been able to look down at the color of tiles I have walked on, no time to shave either leg, I will try to squeeze in some shenanigans as suggested, you are our brilliant boy go educate them in San Antonio.
Socko, Mom (sorry about the cats)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

#7 is actually a good idea. everyone loves to get mail that doesn't have to be paid or isn't addressed to "resident".

however, just to keep in the spirit of the normal mail that one receives, you can write a letter to someone, address it to resident, and ask for money.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger James said...

In response to your items:

1) Never/Always proceed with caution.

2) Don't shave it. Beards rock!

3) Daredevil. I think that heightened senses and ninja training would be awesoem to have. In that vein, Captain America, Nightcrawler, and Samurai Jack all get honorable mention.

4) I am trying to learn "The Squiggly"

5) Did you retrace your steps?

6) Done. And I have several new blog topics that I'm gonna rol out soon.

7) But they just went up $0.02.

8) Done.

9) I'm gonna try that...in May...after I graduate.

10) I do?

11) But I don't talk to any of them.

12) Trey, I have to tell you about something...it ryhmes with Shmarvard.

13) I'm gonna try that...in May...after I graduate.

14) Hilarious.

15) I always image the darker covered tiles as an abyss that goes on forever and the lighter covered tiles as a complex bridge.

16) Hilarious.

17) I tried something similar. I stared down this kid in a Taco Bell parking lot that wouldn't get out of my way. It was funny.

18) What about a poem that's titled "Burn Ban" that I laminate and stick on the breakroom fridge?

19) I want to build on Mr. R-O-O-T's comment. I think every person in America has some problem with their name. Wether it's having to spell it when you say it (James Bocks, B-O-C-K-S), or having a name that's too common (paging John Smith), or having a name that's too crazy (my student worker's name was Justin Sane...say it out loud). It's part of being American.

20) I found a picture. Just look at that photograph. Everytime I do it make me laugh. How did my eyes get so red? And is that a Zondervan software case on my head?

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Root - Whenever I am on large tiles I find I have to move like a Knight from Chess (two up one over). I'd like a step by step walk thru of "The Squiggly."

Danny - hey I finally made the blog list. I feel honored. (But now I have to cut the dirty words out of my blog, crap... I mean... poo.)

Jen G - CEC went well, we discussed inviting you next year.

Jen R - I like the idea of addressing a letter to a "Resident" or in my case "Final Notice."

Bocks - The point of #9 is to make you look good by association. Also - the photo major LOL!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Also - Good choice on the GL JR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters