Thursday, January 05, 2006

Freedom... yeeeeeaaaah!

Finally I am free from the 12 blogs of christmas. I've felt so pent up.

I've been wanting to tell you how much I hate that song "Photograph" by Nickleback. "look at this photograph/everytime i do it makes me laugh/how did our eyes get so red/and what is that on jimmy head" I hate it. It is worthless and stupid. It is just so nostalgic and lame and it is from a "hard rock" group. Everytime I hear this song I get physically angry.

And what's with New Years Eve TV being all about some old guy being paired with some new guy.I think Carson Daily is a talentless waste of amino acids.

I'm somewhat lonely, but people tell me, "I would have called but I thought you'd be busy." Wrong. Not busy, no plans.

My mom wanted a cat for christmas. Dad said he wanted to keep the carpet clean so don't. I said I was allergic. These things don't matter, she bought two. I didn't sleep for 72 from Christmas Adam, thru Christmas Eve, and into Christmas day. I would toss and turn and wake up every 30 minutes. In short, I had dander induced sleep apnea and I got very rude and annoyed. But what do you expect? My bedroom was painted pink and turned into a study the week I left for college. I'm surprised they haven't changed the locks.

It was fun buying gifts for my nieces and Maddox. If your Christmas is devoid of children I say cancel it.

My real estate agent isn't talking to me. I haven't done my paperwork. When asked what kind of house I wanted I said, "Three bedrooms, no kitchen." He didn't get it.

I miss my friends in fort worth. We don't get together anymore. Should I make an effort to organize something? I dunno. If I do I have to get all of their schedules straight.

I've been riding my bicycle as planned on my new years revoltions but it is hard. Plus it requires alot of extra showers.

I'm going to San Antonio in two weeks for a conference. I like the town, I left a pair of grey slacks in the same hotel I'll be in this time two years ago. They said they had them and would hold them for me then. I will be asking for them back. (They were nice, flat front, no cuffs.)

I've been at my job for about one year now. Everyone seems happy with me but I keep thinking that I'm a fraud and I'll soon be found out.

I want to shave my beard but I think my face is fat under there from the holidays.

I'm thinking that this blog thing is about over. My counter has slowed down. And people don't leave as many comments as they used to. Other blogers post less often than they used to. Some people's posts I hardly read because they are so dull I feel my brain locking up. I just scan for my name then move on. Is this the end of our blog ring?

I've got SAD. Seasonal Affective Disorder. (Even though it's 75 degrees outside.)

There I feel a lot better getting all of that out.

7 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

I couldn't believe you didn't make it to Kody's wedding. Good post though.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading today's blog, I feel obligated to offer you some of my son's Strattera (do you want to ride bikes?)
I hope you continue your blog. I would sincerely miss the almost daily glimpse into your impressive brain. I guess I would have to start calling you and making you talk.
We didn't invite you for New Year's Eve because we were just sitting at home staring at the TV. In fact, I was asleep before midnight. But that is because, as my children constantly tell me, I AM OLD.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger James said...

Seriously, that song is terrible. But what you should start doing is making up some lyrics to it.

First, you embrace the nostolgia of the song. You also embrace the very specific nature of the lyrics, in that they are very carefully describing the action in which the song takes place. But you don't stop there, you take these elements to their extremes.

And to make things easier, you change the rhyming scheme of the song from AABB to ABCB in order to make it easier to freestyle. all that's left is to start the song in your head but never head into the chorus, Just repeat the melody form the first verse. Observe.

Look at this photograph
Every time I do it makes me laugh
How did our eyes get so red
And what is that on Joey's head

I think that's it a hat I bought
One of them gags from Spencer's gifts
But I think it offended him
In fact he got a little bit more than miffed

He got up and headed over
Headed over to beat me up
But then Kevin tried to break in
He said, "Fellas now enough's enough"

But it wasn't enough for Joe
Pretty soon he was a' rainin blows
I think that's why our eyes are red
And why the hat is crooked on his head...


I went back to AABB on the last stanza, but on the whole, not bad. And all of it off the top of my head.

Me and Robyn do this every morning as we get ready for work because this awful song plays every morning on VH1.

Give it a whirl, you may just look forward to it showing up on your radio dial, or button, or sliding lever thing.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, I hate that song too. I hate it with passion. Everytime it comes on, I yell "I hate this song" and turn the channel. If I'm with someone who's a goofy person, they will agree with the hatred and impersonate the dumb voice that sings about the photograph, then I will laugh, and continue discussing the stupidity.

Well, I don't know if I'm considered in the "Fort Worth friends" but I would be happy to try my hardest to make a scheduled get together. I didn't do anything over break. The only time we hung out as a group, was that one night that you came, and Kody's wedding. I felt like we never had the holidays because we never really all spent quality time together. I didn't even see Ashley Nichols for goodness sakes. I came back to Abilene on Sunday because of the boring pattern my break had taken so far.

I agree with the blogging comment. I'm definitely one of the boring blogs. I get bored reading my own blog, and normally rereading my own blog is my favorite part of blogging. I'm the type that finds more humor in laughing at my own jokes, compared to others. Maybe my next post will be more exciting. I've been exercising like a fool this week, my friends and I bought Harlem Globetrotters sweatbands for the gym. That's my theme for my next blog entry, maybe my ugly sweatband picture will be entertaining enough that you won't have to read the boring contents of the blog.

Oh also, I loved the Chronic...WHAT....Cles of Narnia post. Great pics, looked like fun.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Ashley N said...

Like Lindsey said, I'm not sure I'm one of the Ft. Worth friends, but I did miss not seeing any of you over the break. Although, I was slightly happy that you all weren't getting together and just not calling me...is that bad? We all should do something soon.

Also, I don't think you should stop blogging...I do think it all has slowed some but yours is still good. I know I hardly ever blog on mine but I still love reading other peoples...I think that's cheating though for me not to add anything to the blog ring.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger The Root said...

Trey and Bocks, I love you.
I hate hate hate that "Photograph" song! And what makes me hate it so much is that fact that chorus is so catchy and has such a great hook that it almost makes me forget how vapid, vacuous, and yet somehow strangely manipulative the lyrics to the verses are. It drives me nuts. There's a castmate of mine that always laughs whenever we're driving to work and that song comes on because he knows how much I hate it.
Carson Daley is in a class of people that I call "cool by association". He's not cool for anything he's done, just for people that he's been around.
Glad you're free of the 12 blogs thing. It was a nice idea, until you start getting claustrophobic and tied into what you have to write about every day.
Keep up the blogging. Always a good read. :)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

I should not blog with low bloodshugga.

Responses:
Ryan - I feel like dirt for missing but I would do it again because narnia was so good.

O.M. - Strattera! Ha! I mock your pharms I'm all naturaral... meaning peyote.

Worm - Nice Stuff, I'll give it a shot but I just hate that song!

Jen - I'll see ya thursday for our meeting.

Fort Worth Friends - yes you are my friends, but it's really my problem I'm too busy to run off to FW whenever I want too. Last night LNZ called but I other plans and had to be at church at 8.

Slug Bug - I don't mind anyone reading although I get creeped out when people read it and don't say anything then confront me with my blog IRL. Also who are you?

Root - (To the only person who probably got the "Freedom.... yeeeeeaaah!" Blog title.)I just hate that song.

I'm glad the rest of you do as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters