Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I was the last to know...

The Sunday before last I started working on the video. Every day when I finished my normal office stuff and class prep I went to work on the video. I worked until 8 or 10pm, then went home read a chapter or two and went to bed. Wednesday was the presentation. Thursday I caught up on stuff I'd put off during the video editing. Then I went home and had Friday off. I finally watched TV and I was stunned! I had heard on the radio about the hurricane but I hadn't seen anything about it.

I think I was the last to know how bad it was. Now at church I've become part of the benevolence campaign. I painted a 9 foot by 26 foot banner, with a lot of help from parents, children and teens. I'm also going to have the kids do something to help this Wednesday. I really wish I'd've watched TV last week then the kids could have done this a week ago. It seems that my response to the disaster was similar to the federal one, slow.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is OK that you have a life, and don't just sit around in front of the TV all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters