Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Late-Edition Post: Expensive Sadist

I see an orthodontist (who is very nice and professional).

But all of them are sadistic nutjobs. I've become accustomed to the stretching, prodding, hammering and scrapping. But today they got cement in my goatee and didn't tell me until it was dried in. It pulled out some hairs and I had to cut others shorter. I think my chin hair is visiblely marred.

Also, they have no sense of time. I don't mean while you are in the chair. They know that time is money and they get you in and out of the office fast. It's more the calendar time they don't understand. 6 months becomes a year, a year becomes two.

I say again, my orthodontist is in fact a great sadist. I told him pain is no object so today he made four corrections that he said he'd usually do over 4 or 8 weeks. Awesome! My mouth is in great pain, but pain is progress baby. I think I'll have a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and them a sensible bowl of ice cream for dinner.

6 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger The Root said...

I'm reminded of Steve Martin's performance in "Little Shop of Horrors." :)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

J Root stole my comment! I haven't thought of that movie in forever and while I was reading your blog it just popped into my brain! I would love to see it again - can anyone remember if it is kid-friendly?
Oh, by the way, Trey, hope your mouth feels better.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

I did join your fantasy football league ya moron. I'm Dunamis D. Do you remember your Greek?

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

i'm sorry that your mouth is bothering you so badly, but hey, at least you are entertaining all of the rest of us with your "life goes on" lisp. can we start calling you corky?

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

yikes.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't do this right the first time. (Just the sympathetic comment you were hoping for, right?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters