Saturday, May 21, 2005

Trey tries to talk about sports... and fails

Last night former Mav Steve Nash led the Suns with 39 points to a victory over the Mavs 130-126. I can't help thinking that if we still had Nash we would have won 91-165! That would have been nice.

When I told this to a room full of mechanics today they did not think it was funny. If someone sees my dad let him know they changed my oil, if you see my mom tell them they vacuumed out my car. I like that this service is available because I've never changed my own oil. Why would you? It's all oily. I have occasionally vacuumed my car but I only do so every 6000 miles or so. (Before I went to the full service garage I made sure to throw away about $50 worth of Wendy's 99cent nugget boxes.)

The Full-Service is a great deal. The only down side is that you invariably have to talk sports with the other guys getting their oil changed. I think they all want to talk sports to prove that they are real men even though they pay other men to change their oil. My definition of manhood does not reside in my car-mainence gene. It resides in my denim jeans.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

You are totally wrong about Nash. If he played for the Mavs he would have stunk it up, been streaky, and we would have lost far earlier. Players don't get good until they LEAVE the Mavs. Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Antoine Walker, Juwan Howard...need I go on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters