Tuesday, May 17, 2005

"If I was: an astronaut"

If you are like me you are 6’ tall and named Trey.

Also, if you are like me you wanted to be an astronaut as a kid. I thought about it a lot. You probably did too. Being weightless, the effects of zero-g on projectile vomiting, and how do you sleep in space?

Well, like most kids you probably never did anything about it. You just dreamed and sat on the couch. But not me! When I turned 18 I drove down to Houston and walking into the NASA building.

The receptionist said, “Welcome to NASA, how may I help you?”
I said, “I’d like to be an astronaut.”
She smiled and said, “Lots of people want to be astronauts. Why should we choose you?”
So… I stood on my head and drank a glass of tang.

Sadly, this did not impress her and I never became an astronaut.
But if I was here is what I’d do. First, I’d spend an hour or so floating and spinning. Then after spinning I’d probably throw up. Then I’d say the Space Monkey blew chunks and make him clean it up.

Then I’d probably be tired and try to take a space nap. I’m always hungry when I wake up so I’ll eat all the Space Monkey’s banana’s because, lets be honest, what’s he going to do about it?
Then right before we land I’ll call in and say, “Houston… we have a problem!” and hit a few panic buttons. Because I think those stressed out NASA guys would appreciate a good laugh.


ps. I'm 6' tall at 7am and 5'11'' at 10pm, but I think in a zero-G environment this wouldn't happen.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

I don't know why, but I think I'd like you even better at zero g's. -Ryan

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Yes, I'm with Ryan on the zero g's... But your Blog picture is a much better shot of you than his is of him.

I never really wanted to be an astronaut. But if I were one, I can think of many things to blame on the space monkey (dehydrated space food would mess up your system...).

We are so proud of you and the work you are doing. We'll trade comments and I'll try to keep up with your humor.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger whaaaat! said...

OK, I got a little freaked out by your first line because I am 6' tall and my name is Trey (except I spell it different, long story). But I don't remember wanting to be an astronaut so bad when I was a kid. So to clear up any confusion I checked out your webpage. I am about 150 months older than you and I live in the Pacific NW, although I did grow up in TX and I attended college in Abilene but at a different university and for undergrad, but then I saw your picture and I don't look anything like you so I guess I am just like you in a few ways. Anyway, all that to say welcome to the blogosphere, I think your site is blogtastic.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

If I was an astronaut I'd turn my sub 'nose-up' and head for the stars. Your blog is causing a blog jam in my mind. My favorite color is yellow - which shines like the stars in the universe.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trey... I like your blog. Its pretty funny my new co-worker/superior.

Your friendly highschool Intern,

Matt Worthington

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Dear Matt,

I have the following corrections to make to your post.

1) Replace the word pretty with very in line one.
2) Remove the "/" word "superior" from line two
3) Please change your name to Brad so I only have to learn one interns name this summer.

With Superior Love,
Trey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters