Monday, May 16, 2005

My First Blog

I've caved, I'm weak, the peer pressure was too much, therefore... I blog. I think therefore blog. Vini. Vidi. Blogi. = I came. I saw. I blogged.
_
The word blog is fun isn't it. It reminds me of Smurf. (Not "The S.m.u.r.f.s" from Saturn Road.) In the old cartoon they'd just say smurf all the time. It could be a noun, an adjective, a prepositional gerand... they didn't care... they just said 'Smurf'. Here is a common conversation:
Grumpy: Enjoying your Smurf-stew.
Smarty: Sure! It's smurftastic.
(Enter Smurfette)
Smurfette: Hello boys, hope you're having a Smurflicious day.
(Exit Smurfette)
Grumpy: She sure is Smurfy.
Smarty: You can smurf that again.
(Enter Granpa)
Granpa: Get back to work you two Smurfing Smurfs.
Grumpy: You're not the smurf of me! I'm my own smurf.
Smarty: Ah-SMURF!
Granpa: Gesundheit and Smurf bless you.
And now we have the word Blog. (It and muggle were recendly added to the OED.)

Well hope you found that bloggy, not blogastrophic,

Trey

Ps. Here is a link to my webpage www.starkidzonline.org (TYPO FIXED)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

Welcome to the dark side. I'm glad you caved. -Ryan

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Web Bulimic said...

Your link at the bottom should read starkidzonline.org

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Katie McB. said...

Trey and a Blog, this can only lead to bad things. JK. Maybe we'll get to hear more from you this way. Your alter ego Man-Child is a sour puss so it's nice to hear from Trey. Nice pickin by the way. I wanted tom to win too. NY Fire Fighters are some tough hombres. I think Ryan is jealous of Tom because of his Grey hair. Talk to ya later, like Ryan said welcome to the dark side.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

YAY TREY!!!! I thought this day would NEVER come! Since you don't get to hang out with us, at least we get to read about you! Don't disappoint me!

p.s. You should've come last night for the finale!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Trey! Not only do I get to live close by you, but now I get to read your inner most thoughts! This is awesome, Suzie

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Okay, I would be a jerk if I didn't comment too and say welcome to the blog-world. So welcome to the blog-world. Everyone else has taken all the good comments, so I say an overall ditto. Except Suzie's. I don't get to live close to you, so omit that part.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the typo in the link.

Ah, the Dark Side. Feels good, I think next I'll do that throat choaky thing witht the force.

And these will likely not be my innermost thoughts, but as I said earlier what I want you to think I think about stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters