Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Friends Trivia Redux

Ok so it was amazing how fast this trivia got done. Hard to select a winner.
Stephen responded first, but Emily gave more complete answers.
Below are Emily's answers (all correct) {with Stephen answers in these brackety things}

1) What volume does Joey buy from the encyclopedia salesman? V (as in Mt. Vesuvius, or Vas Deferens....) {Steven didn't provide examples.}
2) In the pilot episode, what are Ross and Rachel eating when he mentions asking her out? Oreo Cookies {Stephen just said "Oreos"}
3) Who helps Joey pluck his eyebrows for his head shots? Chandler (he did it for his father as his "chores" for his allowance) {Stephen just said "Chandler"}
4) When Carol is in labor with Ben, Joey meets a pregnant woman who roots for which basketball team? Boston Celtics (Stacey Carroli from Saved by the Bell) {Neither Stephen nor I got the SbtB Reference.}
5) What is the name of Joey's boat? The Mr. Beaumont
6) Who does Phoebe try to 'bust' with Gary's police badge? Several people - the lady who put her cigarette out on a tree, Chandler when he told her she needed to give the badge back, and Gary himself. {Stephen just got the tree lady.}
7) What problem does Rachel make up to get Joey to talk to her after he confesses his love? "My boss wants to buy my baby!"
8) What nickname does Ross want people to call him by? The Rossatron or Red Ross, depending on which episode you are referring to. {Stephen just said Rossatron. I don't know if Red Ross is a nickname though. I think he technically "goes Red Ross" making it a state of being.}
9) Which of the guys has Phoebe not kissed? Well, she's kissed Joey at least twice (on her birthday and when he had to kiss a boy), She kissed Ross right after Carol left him on the pool table in the bar, she kissed Chandler in the "they don't know we know they know..." episode. So this is a trick question! She's kissed them all. {Stephen just said she kissed them all.}
10) Where do the cheesecakes come from that Chandler and Rachel get addicted to? Mama's Little Bakery, Chicago, Illinois {Stephen omitted the City and State}
11) What does Pete bring back from Japan for Monica? Hotel toiletries and news that he wants to be the Ultimate Fighting Champion {Stephen omitted the news}
12) Where do Ross and Monica's parents live? (Spelling counts) Massapequa
13) What does Rachel get a tattoo of? A heart on her hip {Stephen omitted placement}
14) Where did Chandler hold the bachelor party when Ross was marrying Carol? Pizza Hut
15) Name 3 foods Ross is allergic to. Shellfish, Kiwi, Peanuts {Stephen said Lobster, Kiwi, Peanuts. I wonder if he is allergic to all shellfish? I assume so.}

Stephen's answers were so precise I think we both googled the same trivia website. Good job all. Feel free to post your own trivia. I've opened both posts for comments.

6 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Emily said...

He is allergic to all shellfish. The episode is Ross and Rachel having dinner with her dad. Her dad says "The lobster is fabulous here, should I order 3?" and Ross says "Sure, if you're really hungry!" Then Rachel says "Ross is allergic to shellfish, Daddy."

Good call on the Red Ross, not quite a nickname.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

I was thining of when Monica made Kiwi-lime Pie and listed his allergies but of course I bow to your wisdom.

I'm more of a Simpsons fan myself. (Thus the googleing)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Katie McB. said...

I found the exact trivia site you used lol, I was laughing the whole time I was awnsering them. I am in no way a Friends Idiot Savant. I enjoyed the post. See you in the Jury.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger James said...

I was going to e-mail you with Rachel's tat, but I thought it would look bad if I just sent one answer in.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

I laughed when I read your responses but I was too lazy to make a test from a variety of sources. Emily could prolly do it from memory.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I must admit, I looked up one answer. I had to pull out Season 1 DVD to get Oreos. I'm a fraud! (But the rest were from memory! I was actually impressed with myself!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counters